3.18.2011

Paper Bag Puppets

I bought a tri-fold display board, some fabric, and some ribbon to make a puppet "stage". Everything cost me less than $15 and I think it looks great. I made it a while ago so I don't have pictures of the project in stages, but it's very easy to do. All you need is a glue gun and obviously the board, fabric, and ribbon. I'm sure you could also do this with a big cardboard box too. Figure out how much fabric you'll need, I think I used 1-1.5 yards for the main board, 1/2 yard for the curtains and one spool of ribbon.  Just pull everything tight and glue. The inside of the "stage" doesn't look so pretty but if you want to finish the inside too, feel free. I used a big placemat and traced around it for the opening. I love this thing and so does my little one. At least a couple times a week I hear, "Mama, puppet show!" It folds up nicely and can fit almost anywhere.


So today I decided to do some paper bag puppets. Since Spring is right around the corner I decided to do a bunny and a butterfly. I went to this website ABC Teach and just printed out the templates. We colored and glued them and they turned out pretty cute. I couldn't find my glue sticks so I had to use regular glue. Later today when the glue dries completely we'll add these puppets into the puppet show! It should be fun. Try both projects and put on a puppet show with your little ones this weekend!



Apple

No comments: