3.14.2011

Beat This!

For those who know me (or Apple) personally, you know that we love a bargain.  Apple posted her bargains last week and that brought out my competitive nature!  Here are a few of my favorite purchases from this past week.


We go through diapers like crazy in my house so a bargain on diapers is a must!  I saved 48% on the Pampers and 51% on the Huggies.  I ALWAYS buy my diapers from Target.  I combine manufacturer coupons with Target coupons.  In addition I use my Target Red Card for additional savings of 10% (a special promotional card) and their everyday 5% savings.  The Pampers were a lucky buy.  They were clearanced 30% off!  I also had manufacturer coupons for $2 off/box and Target coupons for $1/box.  The retail price was $35.99 and in the end I paid $18.96/box.  That is a savings of $17.33/box!  The Huggies were my best deal.  They retail for $19.99 and were buy 2 get a $5.00 Gift Card, which in my view is the same as a $5.00 off coupon.  I had manufacturer coupons for $3.50 off and Target coupons for $2.50 off for a savings of $6.00.  Add in the G.C. and my 10% and 5% and I paid $9.82/box for a savings of $10.17/box!!!!

We also go through a ton of cereal in my house.  Target was the winner this week for cereal!


This cereal would have cost me $21.94 but with coupons and my other savings I paid $10.80 for a savings of 51%.  I never pay full price for a box of cereal.  My family knows that if it is not on sale and we don't have a coupon then we will not buy it.  Having followed this philosophy, we typically save between 40-60%/box of cereal.

Can anyone beat this?

Leaf

1 comment:

The Trobough's said...

Nice!!! I'm terrible with coupons. I cut them out with good intentions....I'll just leave it at that! ha!