3.07.2011

Easy Storage Bags

I have some wooden puzzles that I keep in my church bag to keep my little one busy during services. Throughout the service I find myself searching through the bag to find the pieces which causes some noise because they are wooden and clang together. I decided I needed something to hold them and had some fabric that I've been holding onto for a while so why not make a "baggie"?  This is a simple project to sew and is great for beginners.

Step 1:
Cut out fabric to desired size. For this project my pieces were 8"x20"


Step 2:
I used pre-quilted fabric and needed to cover the edges, so I used double fold bias tape. If using regular fabric, sew a hem to the top and bottom ends of the material.


Step 3:
Lay the fabric right side facing up. Fold one short end down approximately 1"-2" (this depends on how wide of a flap you want)


Step 4:
Fold the opposite end up.


Step 5:
Pin and sew using 1/2" seam allowance.


Step 6:
Flip everything right side out and this is what you'll get:

(In this picture you see front, back, and folded closed)

This is my church bag that I made and obviously the "baggies" are from a different material, but it works well together. An added bonus is that my little one enjoyed taking the pieces out one at a time which made puzzle time last a little longer. I hope you enjoy making this quick and easy project. Happy Sewing!

Apple


1 comment:

The Trobough's said...

Very cute!! Thanks for the tutorial!