3.11.2011

Chicken Alfredo

Here is the Chicken Alfredo recipe as promised. This is super easy. Don't pass this one up just because of the jar Alfredo sauce. If you're like me you might be thinking "I've tried that stuff before and it is disgusting", well trust me on this, once you add everything it will be flavorful and creamy. I have also cooked this up and put it in the freezer, stuck it in the oven at 350 for a while and voila! Yummy fast dinner. If you do that, you should probably make it a little saucier so it doesn't dry out in the oven.  I haven't measured everything because it's always to taste. So if you like a lot of chicken, mushrooms, spinach, onion, or garlic, feel free to add as much as you want. Also, I didn't have time to cook up chicken so I bought an already cooked rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store and used the breast meat. You might need to change the amount of milk you add to the sauce if you make it chunkier. Anyway, here's what you need:

1 jar of Alfredo sauce (nothing jumbo, just the regular size)
4 oz jar of pimentos
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, diced
milk
1/2 C parmesan cheese (divided)
black pepper
mushrooms
2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced into small pieces
a handful of frozen chopped spinach
1 lb cooked fettucine (you probably won't need this much, but cook it up anyway just in case you have a lot of sauce)

No salt is needed because of the saltiness of the parmesan cheese.

Step 1:
Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic.


Step 2:
Add pimentos (with their juices), and chicken. Saute until some of the juice is absorbed.


Step 3:
Add spinach (doesn't have to be unthawed).


Step 4:
Add sauce and fill jar halfway with milk. Shake it up to get the rest of the sauce out and pour into skillet. Add 1/4 C of parmesan cheese, and a dash of black pepper.


Step 5:
Add noodles to sauce a little at a time until desired consistency, then add the other 1/4 C of parmesan cheese to thicken.

Step 6:
Dish up and enjoy!


-Apple

2 comments:

Apple said...

I just wanted to add that I have made this recipe as well. It is super simple. I cook my chicken in the skillet and from start to finish this meal takes me 25 minutes. We love pimentos so I put in an 8 oz. jar :-) I also make it with spinach fettucine and this has become a family favorite! When Apple first told me about this recipe I thought she was crazy because I tried the jar stuff but according to my picky husband, it is like a meal you order from a restaurant. If you make it let us know what you think.

Leaf

Wickedstepmother said...

That looks good! When I usually make Chic/Broc alfredo I use sauce from a jar (bertolli's)

JalaPeno