4.29.2011

Cheater's Salisbury Steak

I like Salisbury Steak, but I don't always feel like making the patties so I just cook up the meat like regular ground beef and add the flavors to that. It's easy and fast. My little one likes it too. You can either use egg noodles or mashed potatoes. I usually use egg noodles. Here's what you need:

1 lb of ground beef
1 can of french onion soup
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 C water
1 tsp mustard
1 Tbsp flour
1Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 shredded carrot
1/4 C oats
Handful of frozen spinach
8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 onion chopped
Cooked egg noodles

Cook up the meat and drain some of the fat, but leave a little so the oats can have something to absorb (I always season my meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder). Add the oats, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, and onion. Add flour and french onion soup. Add ketchup, water, mustard, and worchestershire sauce. Mix well. Bring down the heat and let simmer until noodles are done. Add to noodles and your done! This is a tasty meal that my whole family enjoys.






Apple

No comments: