4.05.2011

Spaghetti Pie

Do you ever have spaghetti leftovers and not really want to eat the same exact thing again?  This is a great recipe to make when you have leftovers.  I like to call this my everything but the kitchen sink meal.  Of course you don't have to have leftovers to make this meal :-)

What you need:

Cooked pasta (about 1 lb.) Any type of pasta will do--my fave is Linguini.
Spaghetti Sauce (about 1 lb. or 1 jar)
Cooked Seasoned Meat (1 lb.)
Sauteed Veggies
Mozzarella Cheese (2 Cups)
1 Egg
1/2 C--3/4 C Parmesan Cheese

Okay, this is why I say everything but the kitchen sink.  If I have leftover noodles I use those but typically that is the one thing I don't have left over.  I make lots of stuff with red sauce (spaghetti sauce) over the course of a few weeks so I will have several 1/2 used or less jars of sauce in my frig.  This is when I make this meal.  I mix all of the sauces together and they taste great!  I will also save extra meat from tacos (without the seasoning) or extra hamburgers that we didn't eat.  I throw those in a container in the freezer and save them just for this meal.  I have also used sausage and turkey for the meat as well.  I will also look for veggies in the frig that I can throw into this (as long as my husband is not eating with us). 

When I made this meal this last time I used spicy sausage for the meat (50% at my local grocery store and also my husband's favorite!)  I also wasn't able to add in any veggies since my husband was going to be eating this:-(

Step 1:
In a bowl add cooked noodles, 1 egg (raw), and Parmesan cheese.  Mix together.  This will be the bottom of your pie.  Place noodles in a glass pie dish (sprayed with non stick) and press noodles to form the bottom of your pie.


Step 2:
Add in cooked meat (If adding veggies, I like to brown my meat and veggies together and add both of them in this step).


Step 3:
Add sauce (the sauce can be cold--it does not have to be heated). 


Step 4:
Top with Cheese (use your own judgement on how much you would like).


Step 5:
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Broil for the last 2-3 minutes until golden.


Step 6:
Cut in 1/8ths just like a pie.


Step 7:
Enjoy :-)


I hope this helps turn leftover spaghetti into a whole new meal!

Leaf

1 comment:

Apple said...

That looks yummy! When I saw this post it made me hungry. It almost looks like a pizza.

Apple