4.06.2011

Meatball Subs

The other day I was watching a show called "Too fat for 15" and the students were allowed to go off campus to spend some time with their families. One of the students went to Subway and ordered the healthiest option that was on program for him and his brother ordered a meatball sub. Of course what did I get a taste for? That's right...meatball subs. So that's what's for dinner tonight. Meatball subs are really easy to make. I don't really have a recipe for them. I'll just tell you what I do and you can make any alterations you want.
This recipe is VERY kid friendly!

About 1lb of ground beef (of course you could use turkey for a healthier alternative)
Spinach
Oats
Carrots, shredded
Onions, chopped
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic to taste
1 jar of spaghetti sauce

Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the sauce, and form into meatballs. I always use my little scoop from Pampered Chef. Bake at 350 until done. I know that's not very helpful, but just check to make sure it's all good. I always cook mine in sauce too, so even if they're slightly under cooked, they'll finish cooking in the sauce.

Put the meatballs in spaghetti sauce and continue cooking for about 30 minutes. After cooking add meatballs to buns, add mozzerella cheese and put under broiler for a couple minutes. Be sure to watch carefully so you don't burn it.




Add some french fries or tater tots and enjoy!


Apple

2 comments:

Wickedstepmother said...

that looks good apple :)

JalaPeno

Apple said...

Thanks! They tasted good too :) I was really hungry when I took that picture, so I just put it on the plate, took a picture and gobbled it up so that's why that picture isn't the greatest.

Apple