5.09.2011

Still Here!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. This past week has been a full week and I've had little time for blogging. I haven't even been cooking! I am so behind in housework it isn't even funny. I had a dream about laundry which is pretty sad and just goes to show how bad things must be. My dream went something like this...I go into the basement and see the the laundry is piled all the way to the ceiling. As I'm standing there trying to figure out how to tackle it, all of the clothes fell on top of me and I was fighting to get out. When I woke up I had a burning desire to do laundry :) I'll try to start posting frequently again, but it's been tough.

I bought two new books recently, one is called "One Yard Wonders" and the other is called "Oliver + S Little Things to Sew". I'm very excited to start some new projects. I haven't had any inspiration recently, but now I have plenty. I can't wait to get back to sewing again. I went through a major bag phase, and I love them, but I got a little burned out. I didn't keep all of them, but I have four. I've been thinking about making some more, and now I have a couple books with a good amount of bag ideas. All I need is some fabric :)

As proof of my bag frenzy, here are some pictures (notice I said "some". This isn't even all of them):












                         These are from leftover fabric. Why buy gift bags when you can make them?
                                                       
I hope all you mama's out there had a great Mother's Day. I also hope that all the women who don't have children had a nice day too. Whether you spent time with your own mother, or you share your time and love with other children, I hope it was a nice day of reflection. I had a good day. We went to church, then came home and hubby grilled out and made dinner for me. The card that my little one picked out was funny. It was a bunny holding an Ipod and the bunny said basically there is an app for everything. Inside the bunny arms opened wide and said "I wish there was a mommy hug app". It was cute. But of course, my little one doesn't need that app because I probably hug too much. When you have to ask for hugs does that mean you're a big hugger? Anyway, after eating and reading cards, we went for a walk and did some yard work. That probably doesn't sound too fun, but it is in the spring. Summertime, not so much. That requires too much weeding and watering.

Again, I'll try to be better with posting, but it might have to wait until next week, or I'll post more frequently, but it will just random thoughts. Either way, I'll do my best!

Take care,
Apple

No comments: