10.26.2011

Mop Horse

In my last post I mentioned the mop from the pirate party and what it has become. Well here it is and this is how I made it.

Take the string and divide it into thirds. The bottom third will be the nose, a small section will be the ears and the rest will be the mane.

Tuck the bottom third under and secure with rubberbands. Twist the ears and secure the base with more rubberbands. Leave the remaining string hanging for the mane. It will look like this...

The last few steps are just as easy. Using your glue gun take some ribbon to cover the rubberbands. My ribbon was too wide so I just used one strip to cover the bottom ribbon. I used my googly eyes to cover the top rubberband. I just glued the "bridle" directly to the handle. Here is the end result. Isn't it cute? It looks like she's looking directly at the camera.


The handle is too long so I need to cut it down a little, but other than that this was a super quick and easy project. It took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Now I just need to make a felt cowboy hat! But that is not going to happen anytime soon :-)

I hope you make this little horse friend. It's a nice thing to do with an otherwise useless product (this is a dollar store mop and has very little "umph" to it).

Apple





No comments: