7.18.2011

Thanksgiving in a Bowl

In one of my previous posts I mentioned Thanksgiving in a Bowl. I decided to make that for dinner so I'm going to show you how to make it. It really is one of the easiest meals you can make and it packs a lot of flavor. I know it's the middle of summer, and a big Thanksgiving meal is the last thing on your mind, but trust me on this one. I think you'll love it! One little tip though...if you have it, use reduced sodium creamed soups. I didn't once and it was too salty. Here's what you need:

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
swiss cheese
2 cans of condensed cream soups (I used one cream of chicken and one cream of mushroom)
1 box of Stovetop Stuffing, moistened

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease casserole dish, I used a 13x9 dish.

 Add shredded chicken to the bottom.

 Top with condensed soups, then add the cheese.

 Spread stuffing all over the top and bake for about 30 minutes or until stuffing starts to brown.

That's it! Add some cranberry sauce to the side and a veggie and dinner is done! I always have chicken breasts cooked up and frozen, so this meal is put together in about 10 minutes. Can't really beat that! I don't usually like Stovetop Stuffing, but it works in this recipe. You have to use swiss cheese, it makes a difference. I've tried other cheeses, but it does not taste as good. Another thing I've thought about trying is adding the cranberry sauce to the layers, but haven't done that yet because if it doesn't turn out I haven't had a backup meal :-)

Anyway, I hope you like this recipe. Enjoy!


Apple

No comments: