7.13.2011

Laminated Paper Crafts

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my laminating machine. Well, I'm finally posting a few of the things I laminated. Here they are (everything is printed on cardstock):

I went to nickjr.com and found these Max and Ruby paper dolls. I laminated them, cut them out and stuck them onto some "scenery" with double sided tape. For the scenery, I just used blue construction paper and cut green construction paper to look like grass. I glued the "grass" onto the blue paper and laminated it. To make the outfits stick, I just use the double sided scrapbooking tape on Max and Ruby and stick the clothes on. I haven't had any issues with the tape coming off. 

Here's another Max and Ruby craft. This one is nice because it teaches shapes. My little one is really good with shapes, but I still like to use it just for fun because it's kind of like a puzzle. 

 This is obviously a number caterpillar. I got this guy from DLTK's website. I haven't finished cutting him out yet, but when I do I'm going to do the same thing as I did with Max and Ruby. I'll create a background and he can be put together in order in the grass or something. He will be attached with the double sided tape too.

 Back at nickjr.com, I found these Blues Clues cards. Again, I laminated them and cut them out. I took out my handy dandy hole puncher (did you notice my cheesy Blues Clues lingo?) and punched a hole through each card. I cut a piece of yarn and tied them all together. I use these cards at night to show that after everything is done, it's night-night time.


I also went to Disney Jr's website and printed out a Jake and the Neverland Pirates treasure chest and coins, but haven't gotten to laminating the coins yet. I'm not going to laminate the treasure chest because I'm not sure how I'd be able to fold it to put it together properly.


So that's what I've been doing. Everything has turned out great so far. I hope these are some ideas you can use for your little one.

Apple

No comments: