1.04.2012

Stuffed Shells

Update...I took pictures so here they are:

Last night I made stuffed shells for dinner. I had too much leftover meat sauce from a spaghetti dinner and was trying to figure out what to have instead of leftover spaghetti. I didn't have enough for a lasagna, but just enough for stuffed shells. I didn't take a picture because we were so hungry, we just gobbled it up. Anyway, here's what I did:

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
2 C mozzarella cheese (divided)
Enough meat sauce (I used Ragu Roasted Garlic) to coat the bottom of an 8x8 dish, plus enough to cover the shells (maybe 3C, I didn't measure)
garlic powder
spinach
oregano
1 egg
12 jumbo shells partially cooked

Mix the cream cheese, 1 C mozzarella cheese, and egg thoroughly. Add garlic powder and oregano to taste (you might want to add this before the egg so you can taste it). Add spinach and mix well.

Put enough sauce to coat the bottom of dish. Stuff shells with cheese mixture and add to dish. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle 1 C mozzarella over sauce. Bake in 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is slightly browned.








Enjoy.

Apple

No comments: